We’re currently recruiting for a Junior Project Manager to manage the delivery of projects within the London East Region. As a Junior Project Manager, you will manage the delivery of all allocated projects and ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with H&S regulations and guidelines.
This is an exciting role as you will have the opportunity to support on high profile, high value and complex projects within Hire Division. You will be at the forefront of Major Healthcare and Education developments within the Hire Division, whilst supporting in pre-construction, programme management and contract management.
The Junior Project Manager will work alongside an experienced project delivery team in and around London. Regular support will be provided during one-to-one meetings, team meetings, coaching and development sessions, all of which are provided to support all phases of project delivery.
What’s in it for me
- Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 pa. plus bonus
- Role based: Purfleet, RM19 1RR
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Flexible approach to working hours
- In conjunction with appropriate Commercial Staff, implement/participate in Project Launch and Design Freeze Process and manage variations.
- Ensure that the necessary resources, including labour allocation, materials, and all sub-contract requirements, are in place and managed.
- Ensure compliance to all necessary Project Delivery processes and procedures including ISO 9001 and Customer Charter.
- Manage all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with the Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and /or Company procedure relating to Health and Safety.
Benefits & Opportunities
- You will be provided with a company car, laptop and mobile phone. We are also happy to talk flexible working
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days plus public bank holidays, and the business is closed annually during the Christmas period. We can also buy up to 5 days more annual leave annually
- Reward packages including annual bonus and length of service awards
- With family friendly policies, access to contributory pension, life assurance scheme and our employee benefits platform with a range of discounts and cashbacks at your favourite retailers, health clubs and gym memberships
- All colleagues have an opportunity to give back to local communities with an annual Volunteering Day off
- A wide range of health & wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders to support you to be at your best inside and outside work. There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
- Full UK Driving license
- Proven UK project management experience
- Strong all round technical knowledge - including where possible Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s and CDM
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial control in delivering projects including negotiation of terms and final accounts
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams on complex/high value building projects
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.