Working in conjunction with Design & Engineering, Commercial and Operational colleagues ensure the accurate and timely scoping and award of all projects related sub-contract works packages.
Upon Portakabin receipt of customer order, the Project Contracts Controller (PCC) will oversee the offsite works ensuring that all are completed to specification and programme, reporting on progress to the Head of Projects and the individual Project Controllers, liaising at all times with the Operations Manager and Operations Supervisors. Host weekly project update meeting to update all departments within the business on progress of live projects.
- Salary: €50,000 – €55,000 per annum
- Role based: Donabate
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
The PCC will ensure:
Health and Safety
- All works are undertaken in compliance with all Portakabin Ireland Health and Safety standards and procedures and legislative requirements.
- That company facilities and sites are at all times maintained to a safe, tidy, and presentable condition.
- Scoping of Works (SOW)
- That all sub-contract SOW accurately reflect the works to be undertaken and are updated to reflect any changes in requirements.
- All scopes are issued in a timely fashion, costs are agreed, and the appropriate order / contract documentation is circulated prior to commencement of works.
- Cost Control
- All works are completed in accordance with the scope and agreed cost.
- Any variations (client driven or internal) are captured, such that all time and cost impacts are fully understood prior to commencement and managed accordingly.
- Work with all internal departments and specialist contractors to ensure works are completed within agreed timescales and costs whilst meeting the required quality standards for Portakabin projects.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service to Portakabin customers.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are in place to complete works to Portakabin projects in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Foster and enhance the ethos of collaborative working between all parties engaged in project delivery (Operations, Projects, Commercial and Sub-Contractor resources).
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
- Educated to Leaving Cert standard or equivalent
- Degree / Professional Construction Qualification
- Health and Safety Management Experience
- Preparation of contract programmes (MSP / Primavera P6)
- Previous experience Developing sub-contract scopes of work and contractor management
- Previous site management experience
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.