We are looking for Project Controller to join The Portakabin Protecta Team in Nuneaton. In this role you will manage the delivery of allocated projects, ensuring all necessary measures are taken such that works are carried out in a safe manner, whilst providing effective programme and cost control at all times.
- Salary: from £33,000 to £36,500 (depending on experience)
- Role based: Nuneaton
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure that all Projects are delivered in accordance with all appropriate H&S and CDM regulations, as applicable, and good practice.
* Manage project installations and dismantles ensuring that projects are completed within planned costs and agreed timescales.
* Liaise with other Project Controllers who will also work on the project ensuring clear communication and consistency in approach.
* Where required provide pre-order support to commercial staff to ensure all risks are minimized for post order project delivery.
* In conjunction with appropriate Commercial Staff, implement/participate in Project Launch and Design Freeze Process and manage variations.
* Ensure that the necessary resources, including labour allocation, materials and all sub-contract requirements, are in place and managed.
* Ensure compliance to all necessary Project Delivery processes and procedures including ISO 9001 and Customer Charter.
* Manage all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with the Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
* Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and /or Company procedure relating to Health and Safety.
* Ensure all projects are delivered on site in accordance with the Site Operations Manual.
* Encourage & maintain the Portakabin Operational Excellence culture by implementing and supporting improvement techniques/strategies within the business and projects undertaken.
* Build relationships with Commercial, Service and Projects teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
* Ensure site inspections are carried out so that projects are priced correctly.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Proven project management experience,
* Strong all round technical knowledge - including where possible British Standards, Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s and CDM,
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial control in delivering projects including negotiation of terms and final accounts,
* Strong knowledge in use of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Project,
* Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures,
* Ability to works productively in a high pressure environment,
* Ability to performance against deadlines and milestones,
* Strong skills in making rational judgements from the available information and analysis,
* GCSE or equivalent level of education, including Maths and English,
* Full UK driving licence.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 18th September 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.