Portakabin have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Controller to join our Witham Depot.
As a Project Controller, you will manage and co-ordinate the delivery of allocated projects, ensuring all necessary measures are taken so that works are carried out in a safe manner. You will also provide effective programme and cost control at all times.
You will ensure all Projects are delivered in accordance with all appropriate Health & Safety regulations, building relationships with Commercial, Service and Projects teams, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- £34,000 - £42,000
- Witham (CM8 3UN)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Co-ordinate and control Projects within the designated area of operation, working to planned costs and within agreed timescales.
- Regularly review and analyse all costs to maximise profitability for sites responsible for and accurately assess sites in order to provide the commercial team with realistic costings, from which selling rates can calculated.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Source and control sufficient approved sub-contract labour and services as appropriate, ensuring quality standards are maintained and costs are not compromised.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Practical operational experience potentially within a project co-ordination or supervision role of a multi-trade environment.
* Good level of numeracy/literacy
* IT Literate
* Strong communication, planning, and problem solving skills
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.