We have an exciting opportunity for a Hire Projects Coordinator to join our team in Aylesbury! To co-ordinate Projects for the designated areas, always ensuring effective cost control, meeting/improving upon planned costs and working within agreed timescales.
- Salary: £37,00 - £45,000
- Role based: Aylesbury
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Co-ordinate and control Projects within the designated area of operation, working to planned costs and within agreed timescales.
- Regularly review and analyse all costs to maximise profitability for sites responsible for and accurately assess sites in order to provide the commercial team with realistic costings, from which selling rates can calculated.
- Liaise with customers following the award of a contract, or termination notice, including such matters as site access, foundations, clarification of building requirements and specification, H & S issues and responsibilities for delivery / removal programme.
- Source and control sufficient approved sub-contract labour and services as appropriate, ensuring quality standards are maintained and costs are not compromised.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Production of Gantt Charts, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Lift Plans, Drawings and Delivery Schedules on a project specific basis.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Company Car
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- A full valid driving licence
- Practical operational experience potentially within a project co-ordination or supervision role of a multi-trade environment.
- Solid understanding of IT systems
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,800 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.