We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our Groundworks team! Your role will be to coordinate and participate in the delivery of Groundworks projects ensuring all necessary measures are taken so that works are carried out and completed in accordance with scope and programme.
You will coordinate stakeholders and communications to maintain accurate project records and control of costs accounts at all times and within agreed timescales.
In conjunction with other Groundwork’s personnel, you will ensure administrative and commercial / project processes, procedures, and reporting requirements are completed and complied with as required.
- Salary: £29,000 - £31,000
- Flexibility on location of role
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* In conjunction with Groundworks Managers, coordinate L1-L2 project installations and terminations to support the completion of projects safely and within agreed timescales / costs.
* Liaise with other Hire / Groundworks / Subcontractor stakeholders who are engaged on a project or opportunity to ensure clear communication and consistency in approach.
* Ensure that the necessary resources, including labour allocation, materials, and all sub-contract requirements, are in place to enable efficient management of quality and H&S standards during project delivery phase.
* Coordinate all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with the Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
* Support Groundworks Managers & Regional Groundworks Managers in reconciling regional P&L, querying discrepancies with finance team and/or other stakeholders to resolve.
* Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
* Manage resources to ensure site inspections are carried out ensuring projects are priced correctly.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders and discounted gym memberships
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* GCSE or equivalent level of education, including Maths and English
* Proven project coordination experience
* Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
* Works productively in a high-pressure environment
* Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
* Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.