About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at our Bridgwater Hire and Service Centre as a Project Management Apprentice. You will work as part of our project team to provide support and assistance with the co-ordination and implementation of a variety of projects within a variety of sectors including Education and Healthcare.
You will be given additional responsibilities as your apprenticeship progresses; allowing you to take ownership of your own projects, ensuring that all works are carried out in a safe manner, whilst providing effective programme and cost control throughout. You will of course be supported all the way through your apprenticeship to ensure you are ready to take on these additional responsibilities.
Your two year apprenticeship will be delivered through a blended learning approach supported by our learning provider, Heart of England Training. You will be expected to complete coursework and assignments to achieve a Level 4 Project Management apprenticeship which includes the APM Project Management certificate.
- Salary: £17,000
- Role based: Bridgwater, TA6 4AG
- Contract type: Apprenticeship
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Support with the management of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Communication with a variety of audiences and developing your ability to negotiate.
- Have an awareness of project budgets and build an understanding of planned and actual costs.
- Determine, control, and manage changes to the scope of the project, including assumptions, dependencies, and constraints.
- Be involved with monitoring the progress of projects.
- Identify and monitor project risk or opportunity, plan and implement responses to them, contribute to risk registers.
- Understand the resources required to successfully deliver a project, including colleagues, sub-contractors, and how to manage these.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
5 GCSE’s or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C), including Maths and English (Essential)
2 A-Levels or equivalent, Grades 9 - 4 (A*- C) (Desirable)
Construction related qualification or experience (Desirable)
Holds a full UK drivers licence
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.