We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team in Leeds on a permanent basis!
As a Project Manager you will manage the delivery of allocated projects, ensuring all necessary measures are taken such that works are carried out in a safe manner, whilst providing effective programme and cost control at all times.
This is an exciting role which will allow you the opportunity to support on small and large projects, varying in value and complexity within the England and Wales Hire Division.
- Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
- Role based: Leeds, LS12 6LZ
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Manage project installations and dismantles ensuring that projects are completed within planned costs and agreed timescales
* Ensure that the necessary resources, including labour allocation, materials, and all sub-contract requirements, are in place and managed.
* Manage all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with the Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
* Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and /or Company procedure relating to Health and Safety.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Proven project management experience
* Works productively in a high-pressure environment
* Full UK driving licence
* GCSE or equivalent level of education, including Maths and English
* Strong all round technical knowledge - including where possible Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s and CDM
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial control in delivering projects including negotiation of terms and final accounts
* Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.