We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Portakabin Scotland team!
You will be responsible for managing, co-ordinating and communicating with all internal resources and third parties required to ensure that allocated projects are delivered safely, on time, to specification, on budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Role based: Uphall, EH28 5NT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Manage projects to meet agreed programmes, specifications, and cost plans.
- Manage, monitor and control contractual or financial changes, planned or unexpected, with viable solutions, that are agreeable to all stakeholders in the project.
- Provide technical guidance and support when deemed necessary to support all involved in the project – i.e. client, installation team, sub-contractors, York planners.
- Support the Commercial team to formulate a bid win strategy for tenders and quotation proposals where required.
- Ensure the appropriate project records and communications are properly filed in the project file in a timely manner.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control all activities in the repair, refurbishment and fit out of units within the designated area of operation, working to planned costs and within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that all project-specific Health and Safety paperwork is issue on time and is prepared to an appropriate standard.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- Company Car
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Substantial project experience in construction related roles
- Demonstrable project management competence including financial control
- Full UK driving licence
- GCSE or equivalent level of education, including Maths and English
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment
- Effective communication - Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 06 November 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.