We have a great opportunity for you to join us at Portakabin as a Project Manager. This role will sit within the Project Delivery team in our Sales department and in this role you will be responsible for ensuring that allocated projects are delivered safely, on time, to specification, on budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
Role based: York
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Take full project management responsibility for allocated projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver allocated projects.
- Maintain or improve upon as sold margins and maintain positive cash flow.
- Manage project risk and report by exception to management.
- Support Bid activity when required.
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions along with effective management and resolution of any contractual conflict and disputes
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- Company Car
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- A track record in Project Management
- Experience working in the built environment.
- Experience producing and maintaining project programmes.
- Experience in negotiating contract terms and final accounts.
- Understanding of commercial contracts (JCT, NEC) & P21
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 2nd October 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.