We’re looking for a Project Manager to manage the delivery of projects within the West Midlands Region. As a Project Manager you will manage the delivery of all allocated projects, ensuring all necessary measures are taken such that works are carried out in a safe manner, whilst providing effective programme and cost control at all times.
You’ll ensure that all projects are delivered on time and budget and in accordance with Health & Safety regulations including CDM 2015.
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Role based: Smethwick, B66 1AT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 plus bank holidays
* Ensure that all Projects are delivered in accordance with all appropriate H&S and CDM regulations, as applicable, and good practice.
* Manage project installations and dismantles ensuring that projects are completed within planned costs and agreed timescales.
* Ensure compliance to all necessary Project Delivery processes and procedures including ISO 9001 and Customer Charter.
* Manage all correspondence, documentation and information relating to project delivery in accordance with the Portakabin Project Delivery and Document Control standards.
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and /or Company procedure relating to Health and Safety.
* Ensure all projects are delivered on site in accordance with the Site Operations Manual.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
* Proven project management experience
* Strong all round technical knowledge - including where possible Building Regulations, HTM’s, HBN’s and CDM
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial control in delivering projects including negotiation of terms and final accounts
* Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures
* Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams on complex/high value building projects
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.