We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our Portakabin Ireland team in Donabate!
Your role will be to proactively manage the financial and contractual aspects of Portakabin Ireland’s commercial contracts to include optimising project costs, implementing value engineering and ensuring value for money, while achieving the required (highest) standards and quality.
Role based: Donabate, K36 K759
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Perform risk and value management and ensure optimal cost control.
* Preparation of cost estimates across the various stages of design / pre-tender.
* Preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedule of rates etc.
* Implementation and management of Value Engineering opportunities.
* Project cost management (including value engineering proposals) and cost forecasting (internal & external reporting).
* Manage procurement of project subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing (where applicable).
* Taking the lead on Project cost analysis, reporting on projects to the senior management team and ensuring a continuous learning culture.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory PRSA
* Annual bonus
* Single Private Medical Insurance
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* 5 years + experience in a similar quantity surveying role
* Understanding of project delivery phases and associated Quantity Surveying actions
* Full understanding and experience of Contracts and Procurement methods
* Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management / related construction degree
* Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
* Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.