About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Sales team as a Quantity Surveying apprentice. As an apprentice you will provide a surveying service to support the Sales Organisation’s work winning objectives and to support bid and delivery teams in the management of costs.
The 6 year degree apprenticeship (this may be reduced depending on current qualifications) will be delivered through a blended learning approach including day release at Leeds Beckett University. You will be expected to complete exams, coursework and assignments to achieve a Level 6 Chartered Surveyor apprenticeship, including a BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying.
- Salary: £18,000
- Role based: York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Apprenticeship
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Prepare and submit detailed, accurate, professionally presented, competitive and timely quotations to our customers under the guidance and mentoring of other commercial staff.
- Produce enquiries and obtain quotations for subcontract works
- In conjunction with relevant team members ensure that prices obtained from external suppliers or sub-contractors are an accurate and competitive reflection of the works required
- Co-ordinate all costs and compile the quotation document and package of information to be submitted to the customer
- Liaise with Sales team to ensure that, prior to submission, the quotations reflect agreements made with our customers
- Attend project meetings and interviews, as required, in support of the selling and order management processes
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Assist in valuing work and arranging payments
- Assist in the preparation/delivery of contract cost reconciliation
- Assist in timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract
- Ensure cash management is effective
- Assist with contractual correspondence
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
5 GSCEs Grade 9* - 4 (A*-C) including English and Maths
3 A-Levels or equivalent ideally Grade 9* - 4 (A*-C)
Desirable - Level 4 Construction QS Technician apprenticeship or HNC in Construction or equivalent
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.