We are currently recruiting a Regional Project Manager in Hire Division’s North West team. This is an exciting and rare opportunity based in our Manchester Hire centre.
The role of Regional Project Manager is a hands on, results driven manager who has a passion for coaching and developing teams, delivering excellent customer service and role models our Company values.
Managing and having overall operational responsibility for project delivery within the region, the Regional Project Manager ensures all projects are undertaken in a structured manner and ensuring safe working practices at all time, whilst maximising margins and maintaining quality and safety standards.
Leading and developing the performance of the project team, the role will implement project delivery best practice from across Portakabin and the wider industry, ensuring that excellent customer service is always delivered.
Working alongside Building Services, Commercial teams, operational teams and other regions, the role holder will promote an environment of effective teamwork and communication.
- Salary: £55.5k - £57.5k
- Role based: Oldham, OL2 6DX
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
* Fully responsible for ensuring that all Projects are delivered in accordance with all appropriate Health & Safety, CDM regulations and in accordance with the Portakabin project delivery process.
* Accountable for the cost-effective use of fleet, materials, labour costs and close control of sub-contract labour on projects ensuring that installations and dismantles are within planned costs and agreed timescales.
* Responsible for ensuring that project plans and risk registers are in place and maintained throughout the course of project delivery.
* Drive the review and analysis of all active projects for progress against programme and planned vs actual costs
* Provide coaching, mentoring and motivation to drive towards the achievement of the project teams objectives and KPIs, to ensure performance is maximised.
* Build strong relationships with the Regional Service Manager or Service Managers (as appropriate) and Regional Commercial Manager, supporting one another to achieve the strategy for the region and an improved handover from the project team to the service teams.
* Promote a culture of Health and Safety by taking a management responsibility for ensuring safe working and consideration for health and wellbeing. Personifying Zero Harm.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* Single Private Medical Insurance
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Substantial project experience in construction or similar related roles
* Strong all round technical knowledge including Building Regulations
* Proven experience in team management, including coaching
* The ability to deliver efficiency improvement and optimisation
* Project Management Qualification
* Full UK driving licence
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 26th February 2024.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.