Are you highly organised, a self-starter, creative, confident, and reliable? Positive and upbeat? Experienced in customer service, sales, or telesales? Are you looking for a supportive and positive environment to work in?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to the above questions? Great – we have brilliant news for you! An opportunity has arisen for you to join us at Portakabin.
We are looking for a customer focussed Sales Coordinator to join our Commercial team in Trafford Park on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, you will develop and promote the company’s hire business, supporting the Area Sales Manager to achieve KPIs and ensure an exceptional customer experience. Relationship building is key!
Your role will include carrying out targeted calling campaigns and contacting prospective customers as part of a structured business development approach to calls, using a blend of resource - the aim being to develop relationships with both existing and new customers and, above all, creating new sales opportunities.
The role requires strong IT skills allowing you to effectively use internal systems, ensuring customer information is kept up to date and systems are aligned.
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 plus commission based on performance
- Role based: Trafford Park, M17 1AW
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Deal effectively with customers’ requests in a timely manner
* Maximise added value for every opportunity to win business through promoting the full range of Building Services products available at Portakabin Ltd
* Continually identify new prospects and develop existing client relationships through structured business development calls
* Prepare quotation packs that reflect the customers’ requirements
* Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities from our customers.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles – to be discussed openly at interview stage
- Contributory pension
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Days
- Cycle to work scheme
- UK Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Sales experience developing relationships with clients over the telephone.
* Can build a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation.
* Strong administrative experience in a customer service environment.
* Has dedication to the customer experience and satisfaction
* Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively.
* Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
* Has a good level of Literacy and Numeracy competency
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.