As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from Manufacturing, Education and Health to Transport, Utilities and Construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We are looking for a customer focussed Sales Coordinator to join our Commercial team in Leeds on a permanent basis.
Experienced with quotes, sales, or telesales? Positive and upbeat? Are you highly organised, self-motivated, confident and reliable?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to the above questions? Great – we have brilliant news for you! An opportunity has arisen for you to join us at Portakabin. As a market leader within construction, we receive many recommendations from our vast number of valued customers, delighted with our services.
Come and be part of our success! Let us tell you why you will love it here‿
You will be valued at Portakabin - in fact, your role is vital to our continued growth. As the point of contact for customers regarding our extensive products range, you’ll be joining a friendly Sales team who will support you. Your strengths in this role? Your engaging personality, rapport building skills, and your ability to establish needs / provide solutions. You will be listened to and appreciated. And great hours, fabulous opportunities for commission plus further benefits await the successful applicant.
Reporting to the Area Hire Manager, you will develop and promote the company’s hire business, by providing business development, commercial and administrative support to achieve order levels at agreed margins.
Your role will include carrying out local and national campaigns and contacting prospective customers in order to carry out structured business development calls with the aim of developing both existing and new customers to creating new sales opportunities.
- Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 plus commission
- On target earnings of up to £5000 per year dependent on performance
- Role based: Leeds, LS12 6LZ
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Respond to customer enquiries to generate orders.
* Maximise added value for every opportunity through promoting the full range of Building Services.
* Carry out structured business development by calling from our existing database and building this with new clients and contacts within the Leeds area in order to achieve order targets.
* Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
* Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave as part of our salary sacrifice scheme
* Working flexibly principles (with the option to work home)
* Contributory pension
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to work scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who:
* Can build a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation
* Sales experience dealing with clients over the telephone
* Has dedication to customer needs and satisfaction
* Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively
* Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
* Has a good level of Literacy and Numeracy
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are actively welcoming candidates with transferable skills from outside of the construction industry. If you’d like a confidential conversation to understand more about the role, and what Portakabin can offer you - please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the hiring manager.
email@example.com – Matt Barker
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.