Experienced with quotes, sales, or telesales? Positive and upbeat? Are you highly organised, self-motivated, confident, and reliable?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to the above questions? Great – we have brilliant news for you! An opportunity has arisen for you to join us at Portakabin.
We are looking for a customer focussed Sales Coordinator to join our Commercial team in Carlisle on a permanent basis.
Come and be part of our success! Let us tell you why you will love it here.
You will be valued at Portakabin - in fact, your role is vital to our continued growth. As the point of contact for customers regarding our extensive products range, you’ll be joining a friendly Sales team who will support you. Your strengths in this role? Your engaging personality, rapport building skills, and your ability to establish needs / provide solutions. You will be listened to and appreciated. And great hours, fabulous opportunities for commission plus further benefits await the successful applicant.
Reporting to the Area Hire Manager, you will develop and promote the company’s hire business, by providing business development, commercial and administrative support to achieve order levels at agreed margins.
Your role will include carrying out local and national campaigns and contacting prospective customers in order to carry out structured business development calls with the aim of developing both existing and new customers to creating new sales opportunities. The role requires strong IT skills allowing you to effectively use internal systems, ensuring customer information is kept up to date and systems are aligned.
Salary: £22,000 - £25,500 plus commission
On target earnings of up to £5000 dependant on performance
Role based: Carlisle, CA5 7ND
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Respond to customer enquiries to generate orders.
* Maximise added value for every opportunity through promoting the full range of Building Services.
* Carry out structured business development by calling from our existing database and building this with new clients and contacts within the Carlisle area in order to achieve order targets.
* Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
* Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave as part of our salary sacrifice scheme.
* Working flexibly principles.
* Contributory pension.
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders, free access to help helplines and discounted gym memberships.
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off.
* Cycle to work scheme.
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Sales experience dealing with clients over the telephone.
* Can build a wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation.
* Strong administrative experience gained in a customer service environment.
* Has dedication to customer needs and satisfaction.
* Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively.
* Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
* Has a good level of Literacy and Numeracy.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.