Portakabin deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from Manufacturing, Education and Health to Transport, Utilities and Construction.
Are you experienced with quotes, sales, or telesales, positive and upbeat? Are you highly organised, self-motivated, confident and reliable?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to the above questions? Great – we have brilliant news for you! An opportunity has arisen for you to join us as Hire Coordinator at Portakabin (Site Accommodation) Ltd. As a market leader within construction, we receive many recommendations from our vast number of valued customers, delighted with our services.
Come and be part of our success! Let us tell you why you will love it here
You will be valued at Portakabin - in fact, your role is vital to our continued growth. As the point of contact for customers regarding our extensive products range, you’ll be joining a friendly team in Rugby who will support you. Your strengths in this role? Your engaging personality, rapport building skills, strong administration experience and your ability to establish needs / provide solutions. You will be listened to and appreciated. And great hours, fabulous opportunities for commission plus further benefits await the successful applicant.
As Hire Coordinator you will develop and promote the company’s Site Accommodation business, by providing commercial and administrative support to achieve order targets.
Your role will include carrying out local and national campaigns and contacting prospective customers in support of the regional Business Development Manager with the aim of developing both existing and new customers to creating new sales opportunities.
Your role will also cover the administrative support of the depot such as the loading of contracts, dealing with, and resolving, client issues as well as liaising and placing orders with suppliers (such as haulage companies).
Salary: £21,000-£26,000 plus commission
Role based: Rugby
Contract type: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Respond to customer enquiries to generate orders and prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
* Effectively use internal systems (e.g., SAP and Goldmine) to ensure customer information is kept up to date and systems are aligned.
* Record movement of the Hire Fleet assets into and out of the Hire Centre, including maintaining stock availability records, special drawings file and unit movement register.
* Carry out structured business development, including “cold calling” within the area designated, in order to achieve order targets.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave as part of our salary sacrifice scheme
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to work scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who:
* Has sales experience dealing with clients over the telephone
* Has administration experience, ideally in a hire/sales environment
* Has the ability to multitask
* Has a strong attention to carry out work thoroughly and with accuracy
* Has dedication to customer needs and satisfaction
* Listens, consults others, and communicates proactively
* Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
* Has a good level of literacy and numeracy
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.