Join our Portaloo business as an Area Sales Manager and you will carry out structured business development activities to include local and national campaigns within the South West Region (with client coverage to and from BA, BH, BS, CF, DT, EX, GY, NP, PL, SA, TA, TQ, TR postcodes).
We are looking for a hands on, commercial and results driven sales manager who has a passion for developing new business, face to face meetings, uncovering complex clients’ needs and achieving orders, whilst always delivering excellent customer service.
You will promote the Company’s hire business, to include our range of modular toilet, shower and changing room buildings as well as added value products and services from across the Division. You will ensure that our Customer Charter is followed. The role is target driven with the key focus on order winning. Internal IT systems (CRM& SharePoint) will need to be mastered to ensure commercial information is relevant and up to date.
Working alongside Projects and Service teams in the region, as well as Divisional support functions, the role holder will be an efficient communicator with a strong teamwork ethic.
* Salary: £33,000 - £37,000
* On target earnings of up to £45,000 - £50,000 (Uncapped)
* Role base: Highbridge, TA9 4PW
* Contract type: Permanent,
* Annual leave: 25 plus bank holidays
* Accountable for the delivery set targets for the year for a particular catchment area including contract value, order numbers, and visits as well as other commercial KPI’s.
* Carry out structured business development, local and national campaigns, including “cold calling” within the area designated, in order to achieve order targets.
* Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
* To maximise added value for every opportunity through promoting the full range of Building Services.
* Complete customer care programme to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
* Ensure that sound customer relationships are developed for own catchment area through effective communication to provide excellent levels of customer service resulting in repeat, continued or new opportunities and orders.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Company Car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience in developing and carrying out structured business development plans across a range of business sectors through a consultative sales approach (including campaign calling/cold calling)
* B2B sales experience in a customer facing role including presentation and negotiation skills.
* Technical sales experience in a construction related industry is desirable although not essential.
* Full U.K driving licence.
Even if you do not match all our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
We are conducting interviews during, or before, the week commencing Monday 25th September 2023.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.