We currently have an opportunity for an SAP Business Administrator to join the Portakabin business at our Head Office in York.
In this role you will support our whole range of products and services, and our manufacturing and assembly facilities, all within our Hire and Sales organisations. This will be achieved through accurate, effective, and timely operational SAP Master Data creation, administration, maintenance, and management.
- Salary: £26,000 - £32,000pa pro-rata
- Location: York (Head Office)
- Work Type: Part Time – 21 hours 45 minutes
- Annual Leave: 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Creating and maintaining company Master Data to support both new and existing product development within both Hire and Sales divisions within Portakabin
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, ensuring that operations are completed following both industry best practices and the company’s technical change process(es)
- Controlling and overseeing the SAP change control process(es), ensuring data is accurately and timely amended to minimise production disruption, thus reducing cost implications whilst ensuring compliance to applicable standards
- Providing the business with a functional, responsive, proactive, and efficiently operating team comprising of the required skills and expertise to accommodate the smooth running of their activities and services
- Solving problems as they arise within the business, including providing responses to questions raised and observing data integrity checks
- Supporting a more integrated approach to Master Data management by providing centralised expertise to manage databases throughout Portakabin
- Supporting the Data Manager to ensure procedures and processes are the subject of continuous improvement to maximise long-term lasting benefits and minimise data/process redundancy and waste
Benefits & Opportunities:
- Option to buy up to 5 days of additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employer-matched pension contributions
- Annual bonus
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates, and this role provides extensive training and development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel
- An eagerness to learn new tools and skills
- Experience in process mapping, including creating and implementing standard operating procedures (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of supply chain management (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge and experience using SAP systems and/or processes (desirable but not essential)
Even if you do not match all of the above criteria, we would still encourage you to submit your CV/application. We are even interested in considering new/recent graduates looking for their first full time roles, and we are willing and able to invest the time and resources into training someone for this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.