Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will experience job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success?
About the opportunity
Are you looking to develop your career and your portfolio, then read on for this unique opportunity to work with industry leaders and weld the Portakabin culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join our Architectural Team with the Sales E&W business unit based at our Head Office in York. With exciting future ambitions, and development opportunities on offer - we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
As Senior Architectural Technologist you will have a wide-ranging background and strong technical experience across a range of sectors and projects. You will take the role of design / technical lead on projects and will be involved with Client discussions, co-ordination of designs and leading projects, from concept through to completion.
Working across a multi-disciplined design team within our wider Sales business, you will prepare building designs and highly detailed models using various software (ideally in Revit). Experience in delivering projects to BIM Level 2 standard would also be advantageous.
- To lead the design in terms of design co-ordination of the project. This would involve;
- Co-ordinate internal and external design packages into the design,
- Have input into the design programme
- Ensure all information is available in line with the project programme
- Liaising with internal and external design consultants
- Assisting Lead Designers with Design Co-ordination matters
- Developing the understanding of Design Co-ordination within the Architectural Team.
- Preparing building designs and highly detailed models using various software (e.g. Revit, AutoCAD, Lumion) applications from concept through to completion with a focus on user needs, site & building surveys, and regulatory requirements.
- Collating and organising technical information.
- Communicate design decisions to the wider project team.
- Monitoring health and safety in design and preparing designers risk assessments and residual risk registers.
- Preparing specifications, scopes of works and technically appraise (where applicable) construction packages of work
- Preparing, submitting and co-ordinating Planning and Building Control applications and the subsequent discharge of any associated conditions.
- Adapting designs according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Ability to work and deliver to multiple project timescales.
- Salary: £42,000 - £45,000 plus annual bonus 10% OTE – 20%
- Role based: York
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Fully funded professional qualifications and membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- Expert in permanent and modular building design, selection, application, refurbishment
- Knowledge and experience of building systems, compliance and approval processes
- MCIAT registered professional
- Experience of managing project teams
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
If you’d like to discuss the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re keen to get someone started in this role as soon as possible. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply without delay as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.