About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Operations team at our Birmingham Hire and Service Centre, as a Service Administration apprentice. As an apprentice you will support the Service Manager by providing administrative support in the delivery and management of Service tasks, ensure effective cost and programme control at all times and build solid customer relationships.
The 18 month apprenticeship be will be will be delivered through a blended learning approach including supported by our learning provider Skills Network. You will be expected to complete coursework and assignments to achieve a Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship
- Salary: £15,000
- Role based: Birmingham, B66 1AT
- Contract type: Apprenticeship
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Develop competence in multiple IT packages and systems in order to write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
- Develop a sound knowledge on how produce accurate, estimated quotations to meet customers' requirements in adherence to the principals of operational excellence.
- Effectively communicate and interpret customer information exchanged through written and verbal communication
- Ensuring effective communication with all Hourly Paid Colleagues, Subcontractors and Agency Labour to ensure clarification of tasks and correct booking of labour hours.
- Develop knowledge on how to use internal systems (e.g. SAP) to identify issues
- Understanding on ensuring all Portakabin Products are dispatched in line with Visual Quality Standards in adherence to the principals of operational excellence.
- Develop a sound knowledge on how to provide an efficient after sales service to customers including the Divisional rectification process in adherence to the principals of operational excellence.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Working flexibly principles
- Contributory pension
- A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
2 GSCEs Grade 9* - 4 (A*-C) including English and Maths
We have lots of fantastic success stories from previous apprentices who have gone on to achieve industry recognised qualifications through their apprenticeships and many of our past apprentices are still working within the business today or have gone onto have successful careers elsewhere. Our workplace culture will allow you to pick up not only the knowledge and skills to be used in your future career but also experience working in a professional but relaxed environment that will give you the confidence to excel in your role and develop as a professional.
We truly believe that we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success? With exciting future ambitions, we couldn’t think of a better time for you to join us!
If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply by no later than Friday, 14 April 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews in April and May 2023.