Are you a team player and an excellent communicator, who can motivate and empower their team to achieve great things? Are you dedicated to ensuring best practices are followed and excellent customer service achieved?
Did you answer ‘yes’ to the above questions? Great! We have an opportunity for you to join us at Portakabin!
We are looking for a Service Operations Manager who has a hands-on management approach and a passion for managing teams to join us at Purfleet.
As a Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the service delivery and management of the Purfleet Hire and Service Centre, closely managing cost and stock and ensuring close communication with counterparts based at Hire Centres in the Division to deliver buildings to the required standard.
Leading on all aspects of Health and Safety within the area of responsibility, you will be working alongside project and commercials teams, to ensure excellent internal and external customer service is delivered at all times.
- Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 plus the potential to earn up to 10% bonus
- Role based: Purfleet, RM19 1RR
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Management responsibility of direct reports, including recruitment in line with Portakabin procedures identifying training and development opportunities, conducting meaningful performance conversations, merit reviews and authorising payroll.
* Ensure the operations team comply with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company procedures/policies relating to Health and Safety, driving a ‘Zero Harm’ culture.
* Manage sub-contract labour relationships, ensuring that quality standards are maintained, costs controlled and reviewed as appropriate.
* Accountable for the sites stock control to ensure a reliable, steady and cost-effective supply of materials and buildings/products. Ensuring effective rotation of parts stock to avoid deterioration and achieve optimum availability.
* Motivate, build, and maintain a strong team culture and positive work ethic.
* Ensure that the refurbishment of Portakabin Buildings/Products are to the standard required and costs are within established parameters and budgets. Ensuring that all laid down Quality systems are adhered to and workmanship quality adheres to technical specifications in place and divisional standards.
* Deliver excellent customer service
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Company car
* Annual bonus
* Contributory pension
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to work scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Strong operational management experience ideally in construction related roles
* Proven experience of managing health and safety ideally within construction working environments
* Full UK driving licence
* Strong communicator who provides others with a clear direction
* Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
* GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at Grade 4 or above
* Strong demonstrable experience in team management
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.