We are excited to present a great new opportunity for a Service Technician to join our team in Cork! In this role you will provide a timely and professional response to service calls ensuring that all customer issues are resolved to their satisfaction while maintaining high quality standards and in accordance with the Company’s Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Salary: €43,000
- Role based: Cork
- Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Operate offsite, working independently or as part of a team, in the completion of operational service calls as required.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a safe manner and in accordance with the guidelines laid down by Portakabin.
- Aspire to the successful completion of tasks without the need for follow up calls.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Work in accordance with daily / weekly Operations Department work programmes.
- Maintain a safe and tidy working environment.
- Maintain all tools, equipment and company vehicles in good and clean working condition and use appropriately as per manufacturer instructions and information.
- Maintain records (IAuditor) and provide reports to management with the objective of assisting the company to control costs and improve quality standards.
Benefits & Opportunities
- Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
- A full Irish driving licence
- Educated to Leaving Cert standard or equivalent
- Proven experience covering all aspects of maintenance and repair works within the construction sector.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin employs more than 2000 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.