We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team in the North East and Yorkshire Region!
As a Site Manager you will be responsible for managing all site activities to ensure that safety, programme, cost, and quality objectives are met. You’ll do this by creating a safe working environment on site and ensuring that activities are carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Portakabin Site Operations Manual and relevant processes.
Reporting to the Regional Project Manager, you will be the primary contact for all Portakabin Group employees and contractors and have first line responsibility for all activities on site.
- Salary: £50,000 - £53,000
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Assist the Project team in the “site set up” process, including planning and management of vehicle and pedestrian access in line with the Portakabin Site Operations Manual.
* Ensure that at all times the site is secure and safe for works, all fencing is in good condition, all necessary site signage is in place and that all welfare and site accommodation is maintained in a safe, tidy and presentable fashion.
* In conjunction with the Project Controller or Project Manager liaise with the Portakabin Building Services and their contractors, and all other subcontractors, to ensure all works are coordinated in line with the project programme.
* Manage the site to ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation, CDM 2015 and the Portakabin Group Health & Safety Management System.
* Ensure that activities on site are documented as necessary in line with the Site Operations Manual. This would include work permits, plant/equipment checks, inductions, Safe Day Every Day and Tool Box Talks.
* Attend pre-start and project progress meetings with clients and subcontractors. Manage client expectations whilst at all times adopting a professional and considerate approach.
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Working flexibly principles
* Contributory pension
* Annual bonus
* Company Car
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services including Mental Health First Aiders and discounted gym memberships
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* SMSTS Qualification
* Full UK driving licence
* Demonstrable experience of work in a similar Site Management
* Experience of managing large numbers of trades, sub-contractors and other stakeholders
* Provides others with clear direction
* Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role
* GCSE or equivalent level of education, including Maths and English
* Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.