We have a fantastic opportunity for a Storeperson to join our team in Gateshead!
You will have a level of previous experience in managing stores, including the use of SAP, to ensure you provide an effective service and maintain materials to optimum stock levels, ensuring full compliance with the company operating procedures whilst always ensuring effective cost controls.
Where required you will also refurbish and fit out the complete range of Portakabin buildings to the highest possible standards.
Flexibility is required in this role due to the workload of projects and rectifications which are based on and off site.
Your working pattern will be 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30 and finishing early on Friday at 15:30 (inclusive of lunch breaks).
Starting Salary: £28,331.16*/ £13.97 p/h
Opportunity to earn additional hourly rate between £466.44 - £8,375.64*/ £0.24 p/h to £4.13 p/h, based on skill set and behaviours.
* Role based: Gateshead, NE11 0LA
* Contract type: Permanent
* Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Ensure that the stores area is maintained to an acceptable and organised standard, ensuring all material storage areas and walkways are clean, tidy, and unobstructed, and stock checks are carried out as per the schedule set by SAP.
* Ensure reused fittings and materials are utilised as a priority without compromising quality.
* Assist where required in the general fitting out and refurbishment of buildings both on and off site.
* Control the receipt/dispatch and accounting of all materials adhering to full compliance to the Company operating procedures in relation to ordering materials, issuing materials, booking out materials and overall stock accuracy.
* Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain a zero-harm environment and culture.
* Regularly review, analyse, and record costs of materials purchased, including cross hires and third party hiring.
* Be thorough in the separation and segregation of waste to meet environmental requirements
* Ensure the management and maintenance of all plant, equipment and small tools
* Maintenance of company and hire vans
* Ordering of hire vans as per their requirement
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave.
* Annual Christmas closure of the business.
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme.
* Included in Merit Rate Scheme which increased basic pay.
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services.
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off.
* Cycle to Work Scheme.
* Employee Benefits Program (Discounts at 100s of shops, gyms, restaurants and even holidays!)
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience gained within a construction/related industry.
* Good organisation & planning skills.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent grade).
* Good organisation and planning skills
* Accepts and tackles demands with enthusiasm.
* Establishes good relationships with customers and staff, building effective networks.
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 2,000 people across ten European countries.
As an equal opportunities employer, Portakabin is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective colleagues. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives and hire great people to build talented and diverse teams.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the application, recruitment, and onboarding processes for candidates that require additional support and/or adjustments to be made.