Who are Portakabin?
Portakabin exists to bring the wonder of modular building to the world.
Creating precision-engineered buildings, we believe that our people are the key to exploring greater possibilities across our industry, thinking beyond products, to solutions and beyond customers, to the people and societies they serve.
With more than 60 years of expertise, decades of growth and a business that has more than doubled since 2012, Portakabin profitability is strong in both the UK and Europe and our future ambition is to continue this compelling track record of growth.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do, and you will experience job security and development opportunities that are rare in the current climate, so why not join us, and be a part of our continuing growth and success?
About the opportunity
Do you have a head for numbers, and an interest in Tax, are you driven and ambitious, and looking for a career with a supportive, progressive employer? Then read on‿.
We are currently recruiting a Finance/Tax Manager to work closely with the Group Tax and Treasury manager in dealing with all aspects of the Group’s Tax matters both in the UK and overseas including corporation tax, employment taxes and VAT.
You don’t need to have direct experience as a Tax specialist to be considered for this opportunity. We are looking for a Finance professional who is already or has the desire to become a Tax SME.
We can consider your application if you are part qualified, (but studied Tax) and wish to continue or re start your financial accreditations – we can help and support your continued studies!
We can offer you autonomy, development, and flexible working in this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
Assist in the calculation of the provisions for inclusion in the statutory accounts and monitoring of ongoing provisions in the monthly management accounts.
Assistance in preparing the iXBRL accounts and tax returns for submission to HMRC.
Support for business units in the preparation of their VAT returns.
Assistance, including PAYE Settlement Agreements
Assisting with providing advice to our UK and overseas teams on matters relating to taxation and liaising with corporate advisers as required.
Assistance with other ad hoc projects as they arise.
Assisting the Group Tax and Treasury Manager with regards to insurance matters including provision of information to our Group Insurance broker and disseminating insurance information to our business units.
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum plus 10% OTE to 20% Max non-contractual bonus
- Role based: York YO32
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave allowance: 25 days plus bank holidays
Benefits & Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Flexible working options available including the option to work from home
* Contributory pension
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
We are looking for someone who has:
* Experience of working in a similar role in a Treasury or Finance function
* Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAEW or equivalent) OR part qualified
* Good attention to detail
* Experience of iXBR reporting
* Experience of compilation of corporate tax returns
* Experience of VAT compliance
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at different levels within the organisation
* A diligent and can-do attitude to work
* Strong IT capabilities including Microsoft packages and corporate systems
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we are committed to developing our people and may feel you could be developed into this role.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role as soon as possible. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply without delay as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
Read Role Profile here: Tax Manager