Role Profile Are you looking to start a new career with a great company? Portakabin is looking for a Wood Machinist to work at our Joinery department based in York. As a Wood Machinist you will carry out all Joinery machining tasks necessary to deliver the complete range of Joinery products, services and business objectives.
- Hourly Rate: £14.24 per hour + additional bonus rates £2.00 per hour
- Role based: New Lane, York, YO32 9PT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Annual leave: 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
* Work in an organised and efficient manner in order to achieve production programs in line with local KPIs
* Actively pursue departmental objectives in order to deliver the Operations Division strategy
* Comply with all auditable systems and procedures, in a timely and professional manner, in order to maintain company certification and accreditation
* Maximise individual and team performance through self-development, knowledge sharing, flexibility and a positive approach to work in order to deliver operational excellence
* Work safely at all times whilst delivering excellent levels of housekeeping in order to sustain a safe working environment
* Remain focussed on quality and value in the eyes of our customers in order to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Benefits and Opportunities
* Option to buy 5 days of annual leave
* Contributory Pension including Life Assurance Scheme
* Included in a bonus scheme that increases base pay
* A range of dedicated health and wellbeing services
* Employee Assistance Program
* A chance to give back to your community with an annual Volunteering Day Off
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
There is also great opportunity for career progression within Portakabin. Roughly one third of our roles are filled by internal candidates!
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has:
* Trade qualifications at NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent
* Joinery Manufacturing experience
* CNC Machinery Experience
* Construction experience
* SAP experience
Even if you do not match all of our ‘ideal’ criteria we would still be very keen to receive your CV as we love developing our people and may feel that you could be developed into this role.
As innovators in the science of building, we provide modular buildings for hire and sale, as well as supplying refurbished buildings and construction site accommodation. We deliver building solutions for organisations of any size, in sectors ranging from manufacturing, education and health to transport, utilities and construction.
Portakabin remains in the ownership of the York based Shepherd family and now employs more than 1,750 people across ten European countries.
We’re keen to get someone started in this role. If you think this sounds like the ideal job for you, please apply as soon as possible as we may close this job advert early if we receive a high number of applications.